Forum #54 - April 2014
- “The Sacred, The Secular, & the Holy” by Darrell Fasching (April 17, 2014)
- “Silences: Ellul’s Lost Book” by Yannick Imbert (April 17, 2014)
- “Technique, Language, & The Divided Brain” by Matthew Prior (April 17, 2014)
- An Unjust God? A Christian Theology of Israel in Light of Romans 9-11 (Reviewed by Andrew Trotter) (April 17, 2014)
- Théologie et Technique: Pour une éthique de la non-puissance (Review Notes by Carl Mitcham) (April 17, 2014)
Ellul Conference in Ottawa
“Communicating Humanly in An Age of Spin:
Revisiting the Thought of Jacques Ellul in the 21st Century.”
Information and communication technologies, social media, propaganda, preaching, writing, conversation, persuasion, the arts . . . these are part of our field of interest.
Langdon Winner will introduce us to the Sqatsi film trilogy and Godfrey Reggio’s newest film “Visitors” and many of the leading Ellul scholars and commentators will be there. If you were at the Bordeaux or Wheaton conferences in summer 2012 you know what a great occasion this will be for all in attendance.